Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Hunger Games

I thoroughly enjoyed THE HUNGER GAMES MOVIE. The only drawback was my 12:01 AM midnight viewing. After years of midnight premiers of, THE LORD OF THE RINGS, HARRY POTTER, and TWILIGHT movies, I am ready to retire to the late afternoon show on opening day.




The movie does a good job of portraying Katniss Everdeen and her traumatic ordeal of representing District 12 at the HUNGER GAMES. The hard thing about making books into movies is all the details that are left out. I'd say the movie holds true to the book, but I felt like the true spirit of Katniss was understated. Katniss is strong and admirable in the movie, but I am not sure what I expected. She is a heroine on so many levels, I hate to say it, but the book is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment